I’ll be honest, this past year was tough. My nose was broken into a billion pieces, causing the worst recover from surgery, my car was the victim of a hit and run outside my house in the middle of the night, ‘You Know Who’ won the presidency in a heartbreaking and terrifying turn of events, and very worst of all my dear grandmother passed away. Despite the constant devastation and hurt I started a new job that I love, I now have a nose that breathes and looks better than before, I have a new car, I managed to get myself out of debt, I learned a lot about myself and my values, and I know my grandma is dancing in the streets of Heaven right where she has wanted to be for years.
Because of the distractions of 2016, I didn’t accomplish many of the goals I set for myself, but I did finish a few! I read 100 out of 100 books – so exhausting, but rewarding! I took a picture a day – except for about a week after my nose surgery. I made a point to brush my teeth and floss every day- except again for a couple days after my surgery and it was life changing. I ran through a field of sunflowers and made lasting memories with friends and family.
I needed this year. The bad mixed with the good. We understand the highs when we feel the lows. We know who we are and what we want the world to be when faced with the polar opposite. We grow stronger when we come out of the fire having learned and experienced. I have high hopes for 2017, not because one more turn of the earth means that anything has changed but because I have changed. I have grown in what I expect from myself and what I want to give to the world. I am excited for the opportunity to learn more and grow.
So without further ado, here are my goals for 2017!
- Become more active with my faith
- Create an in depth family tree with personal information about my ancestors
- Apply to and be accepted in the DAR (Daughters of the American Revolution)
- Make a weekday meal plan- and eat healthier!
- Get in shape, also take up yoga and meditation
- Launch my new business
- Check off another state to visit on my goal of 50 before 50 (I already hit 30 before 30)
- Visit a museum I’ve not been to before
- Enter Photography in the fair
- Write and find a publisher for my book idea
- Visit a trampoline park
- Try every new Lush bath bomb
- Get a makeup lesson
- Learn how to curl (as in the Winter sport)
- Bake more!
- Create a photo a day for a year video
- Draw every day for a year
- Become a better leader and learn how to better manage my time at work and communicate effectively
- Find my style
- Buy a disposable camera and take an adventure
- Practice self-care- when my bucket is full I can use it to help others