I’ve not written anything since my 2017 list. Oops. It’s been a crazy year of ups and downs but I’ve learned so much and come out for the better. It has been amazing for example to see the response to the idiocy in Washington- with all of the protests and marches. It has truly been the year of women with the #metoo movement. Conversations that were once held in private are being aired for all to see and respond to.
Personally, I spent the year out of my comfort zone. I took over the lead role at work and was the solo person in my section from the end of January until just a few weeks ago. I traveled a lot- having a blast in Chicago, Dallas, St. Louis and New York City. I accomplished a lot of the goals I set for myself but not a many as I would have liked. I let my comfort zone and my little ‘you can’t do it’ monkey that lives in a corner of my head rule the day. Not this next year- 2018 is going to be the best year yet. A year of adventures, travel, new opportunities and lots of time with friends and family.
Here’s to 2018- and all of the goals/resolutions I want to accomplish!
- Create a project a month (it can be anything!)
- Exercise regularly
- At least once a month create a new cooked dish and baked good
- Show stellar planning skills at work- projects will be planned down to the day
- Start an Etsy business
- Start a Sims gaming channel on YouTube
- Go on more adventures
- Practice self care- like regular spa nights and mental health days
- Create a cleaning schedule and stick to it
- Create a budget and plan for future financial goals
- Read all of the books that I own and have not yet read
- Have fresh flowers in my apartment- for no reason other than they’re pretty
- Travel to new fun places- and hopefully get closer to my 50 before 50 goal (of 50 states before I turn 50) I reached my goal of 30 before 30 just a few years ago. Also- visit more national monuments.