After two years of two recipes per month we decided we to take it easy, so this year for my manifesto, Anna and are are holding just one recipe test a month back and forth at our apartments.
This month at Anna’s we made the Very Vanilla Bundt cake and it was so tasty and moist- the perfect bundt cake. It’s one of the most moist cakes I have ever had- and is super versatile also. You could add your own flavors to make a whole new delicious cake. It was a perfect snack whilst watching the second episode of Downton Abbey. 🙂 It was even better the next day for leftovers. I couldn’t possibly finish my half all on my own, so I took most of it to work and it was a hit!
Recipe (You can check out the website Anna found it at here):
Yield: 12-16 Servings
- 1 French Vanilla Cake Mix (I used Betty Crocker)
- 1 small (approximately 3.4oz) box french vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup sour cream (I used light & only had 3/4 cup & it was still incredibly moist)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil (I had canola oil, so that’s what I used)
- 1 cup white chocolate or vanilla morsels
- Pre-heat oven to 350* F. Grease & flour a 12-cup bundt pan well. Set aside.
- Combine everything but the morsels in a large bowl. Beat for 2 minutes at medium speed. Fold in vanilla chips & pour into the prepared bundt pan.
- Bake for 38-43 minutes or according to the time frame on the box of cake mix. Cake is done when it springs back after being touched. Allow to cool for 20 minutes before turning out onto a plate. Slice & serve.