2nd November Recipe test with Anna / Cake Decoration 12: Anna’s Birthday!
For our second recipe test in November, Anna and I made a Creamy Bacon Carbonara and Strawberry Mimosas. It was her birthday celebration, so I made a cake for the occasion as well!
The tasty Creamy Bacon Carbonara:
Creamy Bacon Carbonara
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup Cream or Heavy Cream (Whipping Cream)
- ⅓ cup Parmesan
- Fresh diced Parsley or dried flakes
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- ½ tsp Red Pepper flakes
- *(I doubled the Sauce recipe, and it was perfect)
- ½ lb. bacon fried crisp then crumbled
- 1 small onion, chopped (opt )
- 3 mushrooms sliced (opt )
- ½ lb. Pasta
- Beat the eggs, cream, Parmesan, parsley, salt and the red pepper together in a bowl. I just used a fork.
- Fry the bacon until crisp, then crumble and set aside.
- With 1 -2 Tbsp. bacon grease, saute the onion and the mushrooms until the onions are translucent and golden.
- Drain the pasta and while still warm, add to the onions and mushrooms. Pour cream mixture into the pasta, and stir over low heat for one to two minutes.
- 3-4 Strawberries
- 3 1/2 Oz. Champagne (or Sparkling Wine)
- 3 1/2 Oz. Orange Juice
- Mix orange juice and strawberries with a little shaved ice in a blender until smooth.
- Pour into a chilled wine goblet and add cold champagne. Stir gently so as not to lose the bubbles.
Our Strawberry Mimosas turned out not so great- something must have happened because the pictures on the internet make them look seriously good:
I made Anna a Harry Potter birthday cake- there’s no better way to celebrate your late 20’s! It was a good dinner- especially the Creamy Bacon Carbonara (YUMMERS!) – I would have a lighter hand with the hot pepper flakes though, and it really doesn’t need onion in it at all. Happy November!
This entry was posted in 2013 Manifesto
, Cake Decoration
, Recipe Test
and tagged Bacon Carbonara
, Bacon Carbonara recipe
, birthday cake
, Creamy Bacon Carbonara
, different way to make pasta
, fall food
, Harry Potter birthday cake
, Harry Potter themed cake
, recipe test
, Strawberry Mimosa
, Strawberry Mimosa recipe
, Strawberry Mimosas
. Bookmark the permalink