This past Sunday evening Anna and I tested a couple of new recipes at her apartment. Both are keepers! We made stuffed crust pizza snacks and Watermelon Limeade as a cool summer drink.
The cast of characters for the stuffed crust pizza snacks:
Just roll out the pizza crust, divide it into squares, add cheese and pepperoni (or any fillings you like), and roll them up into little pockets. Spray the tops and sprinkle on the seasoning.
The Cast of Characters for the Watermelon Limeade:
Just cut up the watermelon and blend it – then strain it (before you add the sugar, don’t be like me)- add the sugar and lime juice to the liquid, and voila!
The finished meal- bon appetite!
So tasty, just enough for a light summer dinner!
Stuffed Crust Pizza Snacks Recipe
What You Need
1 can of Pillsbury refrigerated classic pizza crust
20 pieces of pepperoni ( small)
1/8 cup of olive oil
1/2 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
Pizza Sauce – Warm
What To Do
Preheat oven to 400
Roll out dough and cut into 20 rectangle
Place a small amount of mozzarella and pepperoni in the center of each
Now fold the dough together wrapping around the filling- you want to make a pocket.
Place each bite onto cookie sheet lined with parchment paper – seam side down.
In a small bowl mix oil and seasonings.
Brush seasoning on the bites. Sprinkle with parmesan.
Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve with pizza sauce
- 8 cups cubed watermelon (seeds removed), or 1 quart watermelon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar, or more to taste
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- Lime slices, for garnish (optional)
- Place half of the watermelon cubes in a blender and process until smooth. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve set over a large bowl; discard the solids. Repeat with the remaining watermelon cubes. You should end up with about 1 quart of watermelon juice.
- Add the lime juice and sugar to the watermelon juice, and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Taste, and add more sugar if necessary. Transfer the limeade to a nonreactive pitcher and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
- Serve over ice, with lime slices for garnish.